Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, December 12, 2020

CHRISTMAS MEAL SPECIALS BRING SOME SOCIAL ISOLATION JOY

 So I wrote on Granpalovestocook about my fun in trying food specials.

The Swiss Chalet Festive special. I had the rib/chicken combo. Loved the stuffing and cranberry sauce. I also bought poutine as well as the Coconut Cream Pie. It took me a couple of days to eat everything. I had the ribs the first night and the chicken the next day for lunch.

This week I tried the Pizza Pizza Holiday at Home special A medium pizza with 3 toppings, 3 drinks and one dessert.

I also bought some cauliflower bites and 5 chicken wings. So I ate two wings, some bites and one slice of pizza. Put the other 7 slices in baggies in the freezer for eating over the next couple of months. The best was the funnel cake dessert with caramel sauce. Not bad for a pizza place.

Being home alone. Cooking alone is not fun. So ordering something fun brings some eating joy to this Senior.

Buying food that can be frozen for a meal another day also works. 

If some grandsons can visit then the pizza slices will make a nice snack.

The real dilemma is what to order next week. Or should I make some room for the big Christmas feast that is coming in 13 days.

#christmaspecials#swisschalet#pizzapizza#eatingaloneisdifficult#beingsingleandeatingalone#buyingatreathelpswiththeisolation#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment