Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, February 27, 2020

SNOW DAYS ARE SOUP DAYS

Nothing tastes better than a hot bowl of soup when the weather is challenging.

Lately buying endive for that famous wedding soup. Or like my mother-in- law called it Sunday Soup.

When I had asked her why did she call it Sunday Soup. Duh! It was the soup she made on Sunday. she used to used the broth made from the boiled chicken stock.

My modern version is a box of Campbell's Chicken broth. Blanche the endive in boiling water separately. Add some ground beef balls or I chopped up some frozen meatballs bought from a hockey fund raising to the chicken soup.
Chop up the endive adding to the boiled chicken broth. I also add some of the endive water for flavour. Voila!

Parmesean cheese on top adds some more taste to a a good dish of it.

Of course, there are canned soups to use as well.
Enjoy your snow day with some soup.
#souponasnowday#sundaysoup#weddingsoup#soupmadeeasy#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment