Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, January 14, 2020

HAVE YOU TRIED MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION?

Wonderful concepts.

Being Mindful of the world around you.

Meditation has been around as an endeavor for years.

My daughter wrote a wonderful post on her blog about her journey. A great read.
House of Kerrs

I don't meditate per se.

I have activities that have meditative qualities.

For example, certain knitting patterns means counting the stitches in my head as I go. The counting and knitting are calming and reflective. I concentrate on the stitches.


When I exercise, I count the number of times I do the exercise. For my weight routine, the number is 25.


I find this to be calming and relaxing. I do not think about anything. I am not trying to solve a problem. Just being in the moment with the activity. Clears my mind. Gets rid of negative thinking.

I tend to like an activity. It is just me.

However, walking is a good reflective exercise for me. So what did I do. I bought myself a birthday present of hiking boots. Not for now but the Spring. Perhaps putting hiking in my life will be a help too.
#mindfulness#meditation#knittingandcountingasmeditation#clearingone'smindofclutter#gettingridofnegativethinking#hikingtouseasreflectivethinking#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment