Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, May 30, 2024

FAMILY FOOD STORIES

Growing up our meals were okay. But one time not so okay. 

1.Pierre Berton Baked beans and how Mom made them.

My Mom did not soak the beans so they were like little hard bullets. Since she would not accept any criticism regarding her meals we all had to choke the beans down.

Pierre Berton was a TV and radio personality as well as a writer. He really was not a chef.


2. First time I had roasted red peppers made by Adolph's mom, my future mother-in-law I thought I had eaten the most divine food. I still love them.


3. I was given a pasta making machine as a bridal shower gift. So I made homemade noodles for the first time July 1 1971 as Adolph was at his summer job. I had the day off but he didn't. So as a newlywed I thought it would be a nice surprise for him. 


4. Adolph's homemade lasagna and how he would use it to express his love in so many situations. 

For Larry's family when he was hospitalized. Larry was a dear friend of ours that did die from his accident.

For Cheryl's ( Andrew's Mom)  65th birthday. For Cheryl's wake, Adolph  made 3 lasagna pans, sausage, chicken, peas and roast potatoes as he was concerned about all the men attending that would be hungry. Sonya had said just make one pan of Lasagna but Adolph always did more.



5. My turkey dinners and all the trimmings for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have changed some of the vegetable dishes to suit the people at the table.

I thought it would be a good addition to family history to include food stories. We spend so much time at a kitchen or dining room table eating.

While eating, how many stories are shared.

So what are your family food stories? What do you share around the dinner table or even breakfast?

#familyfoodstories#pierrebertonbakedbeans#adolph'slasagna#makinghomemadenoodles#turkeydinnersandallthetrimmings.


No comments:

Post a Comment