Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 9, 2023

SOICAL MEDIA HAS CREATED WANNA BE CELEBRITIES-THAT 15 MINUTES OF FAME IS NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE

Conversations with my daughter and others who write brings up the fact that so many think they are celebrity worthy.

Tic Tok has become a world where anything goes. People with copious followers are celebrated for doing nothing of real significance. A dancing dog. Changing clothes. Pose after pose. Did very little to earn all the hoopla of notice.

Instagram.

Facebook. 

Easy ways to put yourself out there. And in many cases ways to share with others.

There are many interesting and relevant sites with good information and fine writing.

Do people know they can buy followers for their sites?

So when someone brags about all the followers, are they real or marketed to them?
One celebrity can give a friend his/her followers.

Are we in such a world that our worth is rated by how many followers we have?

Like Friends on Facebook. My number is 139. It could be so many more. But I limit it and have not accepted every friend request. Especially from obscure men from over the globe I do not know. It is not a dating site.

What is a celebrity anyway? More important than regular folks, whoever we are? I do not think so.

Covid did not teach us much. So many are still caught up in superficial things. Oh I love the shoes on one Instagramer! Never responding to anything with true meaning.

For example, if I post a picture with family at dinner I get many responses. If I post something of meaning, very few responses. 

Have we become a world of trite?

What do you think?
#socialmedia#havewecreatedasuperficialworld#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro
arethefollowersreal#buyingfollowers

No comments:

Post a Comment