Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, February 25, 2021

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS- TIME TO PURGE

 Reorganizing my storage of my genealogical information is a good thing.

I am putting all my binders, articles in crates ready for a future move. But still accessible and easy to use until such time.

So by taking items down from the shelves, I have found good valuable information that can go with the various family binders. Other stuff that is not necessary anymore.

Some research documents will be donated to the local library Canadiana room. 

It never fails to amuse me how much I chased so many leads that lead to dead ends.

So purging duplicates and scanning other documents and uploading to Evernote will be reassuring they can found in a timely fashion.

One newsletter I found was the ALTON one. It has the family history edition by a George Alton that told the story of where the Altons originated in Germany before going to Ireland. I am surprised I did not store it already in the Alton crate. But it will go there now.

Unfortunately when I have new leads on my side and Adolph's side right when I wanted to do this reorganization I feel conflicted. 

Having empty crates and the space to put everything so neatly is calling me. 

Even my love of genealogy does not override the need to have a less cluttered space to work.

How about you? Does your genealogy call you? 

#barb'sgenealogytidbits#cleaninguptheclutter#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#altoninformationfoundontheshelf#gettingridofduplication#lovinggenealogy

No comments:

Post a Comment