Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, August 25, 2020

DO PEOPLE FEAR A PERSON'S GRIEF?

 Being in a grieving process, the avoidance is loud and clear. 

Call me if you need anything. True friends and family call you.

Sure COVID-19 has made things different. Hard to go out and visit. Or have someone just drop by.

Some neighbours were very kind. Others waited weeks to see me in a public place to say anything. Some that knew about Adolph, said nothing.

My immediate family is my lifeline and I am theirs. My daughters and I can talk anytime. My grandchildren can express their feelings too.

The tributes on the funeral home website and facebook links were sweet. But like someone said many people feel a little condolence in comments is more than enough. Easy. Done with it.

Reaching out means a lot. It means effort.

I have sent emails to relevant people who cared and receive good messages back. I reach out to those I can trust. I do not trust everyone at all.

In many ways I am not surprised. Many people avoided us during Adolph's illness. Again it is common to be dropped by people. To feel uncomfortable to have to see someone. Those that did phone or come for a visit are lifelong gems in my mind. 

I realize too that over the years when I would offer support in various ways that maybe I was one of the rare ones. The kind one.

So I try not to judge but I do take note of it all.

#grievingprocess#peopleavoidyou#noteveryoneiskind#peopleavoidyourfeelings#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment