Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, August 25, 2020

COVID -19 AND MY THERAPEUTIC SEWING PROJECT

Winter was a tiring time with my care duties, pending lock downs for COVID-19. Sewing machines that needed adjusting. So I decided to make a wall hanging that could use hand sewing skills.
As a craft person I have lots of fabric, buttons, ribbons, wool, numerous other items for crafting.
So deciding to use orange/coral and purple shades as my base along with some green that blends nicely with those colours.

 
Looking through my stash to find the fabric. What combinations would work?
 I brought out more than I knew I would need.

A piece to be used for the base of the hanging.
I loved the circles.
 Ah circles to use up my buttons! Always a dilemma! What should I do with all my buttons? Finding all the purple misc buttons for this square.


Good wool woven along the the square for texture.


Yes it will look good on the piece.
What pops out at me?

Using little clusters of purple wool. Crochet and knitted items.

So sewing along the edges to make each piece ready to be joined on the larger hanging.


One orange square with wool hanging outside the edges.
Making cushions to fit with the colours and using some of the same fabric.

This project has been laid to rest for now. It will be part of a new room one day. I am working on a blanket and bedspread with purples, orange/coral and hints of green.

Orange and purple are healing colours. So I guess I gravitated to those colours as part of my healing process.

#COVID-19wallhanging#purpleandorangearehealingcolours#usingdifferentmediumstomaketheproject#buttonsaddinterestingtexture#sewingaprojectthroughCOVID-19#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment