Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 6, 2015

SPORTS BRING NATIONS TOGETHER-FIFA FINISHING PANAM STARTING

Canada just hosted the Women's FIFA tournament. Our Canadians made it to the quarter finals with the Americans the overall champions. Congratulations to the  USA! Just around the corner are the Pan Am games in Toronto. Time for Canada to shine on the world stage like they did at Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver with those Olympic events. Preparing for a big event and building venues that give legacy to future generations with a place to train and compete are the aftermath of any large undertaking. The Athletes villages can become housing for regular folks. Sports are not just about winning, it is about how crazy the fans can paint their faces, wear their country's colours and feel good being part of an event. Bringing a flag or two to wave in the stands. Maybe meeting people from other nations as a host/hostess! Taking lots of pictures. I ordered tickets to some events to the Pan Am games back in September 2014. Now I wish I have ordered more. But going to the areas where the venues occur it may be fun to hang around or a while. What is funny is the change of names for the venues. CIBC Pan Am Centre is really the Exhibition grounds. Swimming is at the University of Toronto- Scarborough campus but has a fancy name too! For most Torontonians they need to learn the renamed temporary venues! Taking public transit is a must as there will be little parking. So researching the routes to all the events gives me a time frame of how long it will take to get anywhere. I probably will be going alone to one event as my hubbie can not walk long distances. I have tickets for grandchildren so need to decide which ones to take to what event. One granddaughter and a friend are coming to the Dressage event in Caledon. Outside Toronto, must use the car but apparently parking is outside the event so shuttle buses will take us there from the parking area. Hopefully the city will become alive with people having fun and rooting for their teams.! Richmond Hill had one part of the torch run but no events here. Might have been fun to offer parking in my driveway to ardent fans! As the event becomes closer, I am sure my excitement will increase. I can always go downtown and walk around one day on my vacation week! Adolph says we can watch everything on TV! Maybe I will be going to more than one event alone!! Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment