Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A CANADIAN FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Parents prepared for the last month with new clothes, lunch boxes and knapsacks. The wise parents wait to buy everything as the teacher will send a list of what is needed at school. Grandparents often pitch in with a clothes item and some pocket money for the children. I learnt the hard way. One year I bought all the cute outfits my daughter wanted then her friends were wearing different clothes so she did not want to wear those clothes! Of course there are those first day of school pictures. I have a few of my girls. Cute and memorable! Although not a new year, it always feels like one. For children the year is September to June. College and University end in April. There is a funny sense of excitement in the air. Looking forward to seeing friends. Maybe starting a new school or going to High School for the first time. Traffic has returned with a vengeance! Luckily living close to work really helps with that part of the return! For workers, back to the normal. Meetings are back. No more coverage for fellow colleagues. Catching up on all the news. Bragging about who did more and went the farthest! I do not play this game. I had a good summer and that's that! I'll look forward to seeing my grandkiddies and back to school pictures. Hoping they will like their teachers. And their teachers will like them. Teachers do have pets and sometimes students they dislike! Human nature! My children had some great teachers but not all teachers are great. I even remember a couple I loved from my childhood. Excitement for the day but also little sad the summer is over. Yes I know not officially until September 22 but the lazy days are gone! First days can bring good days. So here's to all the children- enjoy your day then tell your waiting grandparents about it!

1 comment: