Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, October 22, 2014

NANA SAYS DON'T BE A MARTYR MOM

Parenting brings lots of work and busyness for any parent. Regardless of the help and participation Dads bring to the table, many tasks and activities continue to fall to Moms. Learning how to share the load and encouraging children-even little ones to do some tasks takes time and dedication. Often it is just easier to do it yourself!! However, there can be a banner carried secretly by showing the world- look at me, look at what I am doing, look at how busy I am- my busy is busier than your busy! Finding ways to find time to do things that are not parenting things can be difficult. Yes I know- many people have Nannies and full time housekeepers- those mothers have it very easy. I am talking about the couples who do it all themselves. The Mom with the full time job, cleans their own home and the numerous lessons is the one I worry will not know when to stop. Using other generations in the family can be helpful. My husband and I do provide some overnight babysitting so the couples in our lives can have a "date night" alone without the children. As long as they make a deal not to talk about the children. So Moms find ways to find yourself. Many women like the idea of gym time, go for a run or walk, clubs, committees or other activities outside the home that do not include their normal chores. For the generations before you- we get it, we have done that and been there. No one said raising a family would be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment