Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, July 18, 2024

WHY DO SO MANY OBITUARIES READ LIKE A JOB RESUME? WHO WAS THE PERSON?

 So many people define themselves by their job apparently.

I heard a recent eulogy and it sounded like the person's job resume.

When I think about the Celebration of Life for Adolph, his work was briefly mentioned. I did include his businesses in the Toronto Star and National Post obituaries as colleagues in the field would know him by those businesses.

When I saw so many obits with the list of the person's jobs and areas of expertise, I questioned if I should have included more of those areas of Adolph's life.

Then recently I saw someone write about telling about the person and I felt I had done Adolph justice by talking about him as a human being and not just his job accomplishments.

His love of family, generosity, and his love of life. What had value to him! And to me. Sonya, our daughter wrote a touching and loving tribute to her Dad. 

With the businesses and all the heartache that occurred, those who knew him in business would know his ethics and accomplishments. If they didn't, so be it.

A Celebration of Life is just that. A Celebration. 

For anyone interested, follow the side links to June/July of 2020 to find the Celebration of life or click Adolph's name online and you will find it.

I have a resume for Adolph that I include with his Family Story. 

So what would you say about the person you lost? What would you want said about you? Have you written an Eulogy? What are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment