Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, December 21, 2023

CHRISTMAS-IS IT A TIME WE JUST MISS OUR LOVED ONES NO LONGER HERE- WELL YES

 Okay. I miss my spouse Adolph every day.

I live my life. I have moved forward without him.

But if I could have him back, I would have him back.

So Christmas.

So many memories.

The first Christmas Card he gave me. Such a treasure in 1966.

Engaged on Christmas Eve 1969.

Our First Christmas.

Our First Christmas tree.

Our First Christmas with our little baby Tash.

Our First Christmas in our First house that became a  home.

Our First Christmas with our second baby Sonya.

Well you get it. So many memories.

Hosting large family dinners and yes they did occur at our house. Always taking in the stray family members. Always a place in our home.

Now my immediate family and this year a new member will attend.

During the last few years of Adolph's life we would have the Christmas Eve dinner for two with all the fish dishes.

I had him on Christmas morning. Opening presents. He hated opening presents. He really did not like getting presents. I know- I have no idea why. He was generous in giving presents however.

So for the last few weeks my thoughts of him have intensified. A lot. 

So for all of you missing someone you loved. Missing a time gone by. Put the memory elephant in the room. Talk about your memories. Relish them.

We are told when we say a person's name they are remembered.

Adolph.

Christmas can be so bittersweet. So if you do not want to go over the top with it, do what is comfortable for you. 

And if you need tissues to dab your tears, go for it.

#missingalovedoneatChristmas#missingAdolph#livingwithoutalovedone#movingforward#firstchristmasmemories#familydinnerswithfamilystrays#christmasevedinnerfortwo#christmasmorningwithadolph#sayinghisname#putthememoryelephantintheroom#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#granpalovestocook


1 comment:

  1. Your fav cuz's dad once told him that if I played a blank tape after he died, I'd hear his voice ... I tried it but it did'nt work ... but I did remember him ... I'll never forget him ...

    ReplyDelete