Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, July 1, 2023

CANADA DAY 2023 REFLECTIONS

 

Bands.
Beer.
Funnel cake.
Flags.
Red and White Balloons.

Adolph always wanted to do a Canada Day barbecue for the family.

We have had some barbecues when he could no longer cook for us.

Memories of other Canada Day celebrations were posted on my facebook page.

On my walk this morning I thought about the day. The quiet as traffic was diminished. Greeting and surprising people that tried to avoid me with Happy Canada Day!! By Grandpa's park and placed a kiss on Adolph's plaque on the bench. I know it is corny but I do it anywary.

So I made pancakes and bacon with lots of maple syrup for my breakfast. A Canadian tradition.

Ate outside in my quiet place by the front door that is barely visible from the street. 

There will be a barbecue at a daughter's house with grandchildren present. Another great tradition- barbecue steak.

So everyone will celebrate in their own way. Some with crowds and others simply with family at home.

Celebrations are important. To celebrate Canada. Acknowledging all who came before us. Who was on the land. And anticipating the hope of making Canada great by honouring the people, the achievements, the forests, the workers, the farmers, and everyone that cares to study our history and make it right for all who live here.

Happy Canada Day!

#canadaday2023#makingcanadaagreatplace#thankyoualltheworkers#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment