Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, October 1, 2020

OCTOBER FESTIVITIES DURING COVID-19

 So Thanksgiving and Halloween may be different or not.

Limiting social gatherings.

Flatten this every growing second wave will be tricky.

So making that Thanksgiving meal may be on wheels. I can be a food truck and bring it to my family members if needed.

Halloween. Well I will find the few neighbourhood kids that come to my door and bring candy to them.

I already make bags for my grandchildren anyway.

October is fall cleaning month for me. Garden cleanup continues.

So isolating at home as much as possible to do my part. I can chat with my neighbours at a distance. 

I get out by walking as much as possible. Of course at a distance. By myself but I do see the world.

I may even buy skates for winter skating. I will get a helmet. As a kid I never used a helmet. It may be one way to be with my grandchildren if we have to be a part.



The summer was good with backyard eating. The picnic tables had lots of space between them so even in our social bubble that was not lots of physical exchanges. Hugs with faces turned away.

I do feel lucky as I live close enough to my families that I can physically see them. During April and May isolating, a mask and waiting outside was doable. 

So whatever this Fall brings in terms of lockdowns and isolating, it will be doable. 

We are Canadian and can be resilient. We will support all our communities. I will support myself and all my family, community, country as best as I can.

#halloween#thanksgiving#covid19makeslifedifferent#continuetorestrictactivities#walkingisawaytobeoutside#buyskatesforwinter#summerwasgoodwithoutdooractivities#physicaldistanceasmuchaspossible#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment