Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, July 21, 2016

HAPPINESS CAN BE FOUND IN SIMPLE ACTIVITIES

Summer time can be very competitive. Where are you going? What trips do you have planned? You do this but I am touring Europe or taking the expensive cruise or rebuilding a house. For those of us with little need to compete, less can be more. For some reason I am embracing the simple things of this July. They make me happy. Sitting outside for dinner. Reading books. Continuing my walks. Fresh fruit and vegetables of the season.Taking in local activities- like Tuesday night Jazz in the Plaza in Richmond Hill. Over the top events can be meaningful and very happy times- like a family wedding, a special anniversary, a graduation- well you get the picture. The happiest people are those that find the everyday happy moments. Stopping the
thinking, I am missing out on something. Make the little somethings the fun. Oh yes, plan and do those big events with lots of hoopla. But the taste and delight of that first cup of coffee in the morning can be savoured too!

1 comment:

  1. keep hydrated during the heat, enjoy local events, but, above all, have a good cup of coffee in the morning!

    ReplyDelete