Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 29, 2015

2015 COUNTDOWN TO A CANADIAN CHRISTMAS WEEK FOUR

I did attend the Richmond Hill Santa Claus parade last Sunday November 22 with only one of my grandchildren. Sophia wanted to come so out we went. A little cold but manageable. The house is decorated. I changed the decorations on several areas of the house. Hung a variety of stockings along the fireplace- not original but it does look colourful. The living room has things for the grandchildren to touch and actually they can play with them- the Hallmark singing snowmen bought over the years, the colourful empty boxes to be stacked and some of the soft santas that can not get broken but cuddled. The good ones are high on the tables or shelves.
Since one of my lovely daughters is having an event, ordered a special prochetta- Italian pork roast with herbs and spice- from a Fine Italian food market. Little pricey but it will be good at her December 13th event for family and friends. A trip to the LCBO- Liquor Control Board of Ontario to purchase the wine, gift boxes and liqueurs for all the events. I have enough wine to take me to the New Year and beyond. It was November 24th so I said to the clerk- one month from now and this place will be rammed! A few extra Christmas bottles in case we get an invite to an unscheduled event! Writing and planning the menu for our dinner party with friends on the 5th. Trying to add some extra touches. No children so can have an adult theme. Wrapping gifts has been good while watching repeat sappy Christmas movies. Some of the movies are rather lame. Nothing like the classics. My bedroom is Santa's workshop but there is a light at the end of the tunnel I went to another Church Bazaar to support local people. Of course those corners of the house continue to get attacked when I am in the mood and actually have some energy. Lots of breaks and even a " cat nap " yesterday! I was the first on my street to put up some Christmas lights. Now a couple of other houses have some too. However, my street is never one full of light displays. So when I am out driving, I like to go down streets with lots of lights. Christmas lights are one of my favourite things about the season. I love Christmas shopping but I must confess I am using online shopping more this year as it is so convenient especially at 6:00 a.m. Especially for children's toys or books so easy to find. I do not enjoy searching in stores for that elusive item along with other parents and children. Why do some parents let their children play with the store's toys and leave them scattered in the aisles? So at home, I do not see it! I bought the fancy cards for family. Fun to purchase baby's first Christmas card for our new grandson! So more seasonal preparation and looking forward to some social events.

No comments:

Post a Comment