Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, October 20, 2015

DEMOCRACY AT WORK IN CANADA

Despite the fact I don't care much for the new prime minister elect, the Canadian people have voted with a 68% turnout. A majority government is usually better than a minority one so business does get done. But election promises are just that. Canada's economy had fared well in the world so the promise to kickstart something that was not broken does not make sense to me. Experinece teaches be careful what you ask, pray wish! Also- plus ca change plus ca la meme chose! Our country swings red than blue now red again. I want to thank Prime Minister Harper for many of the tough decisions he made and for serving our great nation. Like standing up to Putin! Anyone that serves the public should be thanked at the end of the day. Some still say Pearson was one of the best prime ministers with many of the programs he put in place. Democracy is a good thing. Canadians often vote for various reasons. However saying we need change for the sake of change is rather disconcerting. This Canadian does not see much change is needed. I will continue to work my ass off at home and work. Anyone that comes to this great nation should do the same. No free rides! Love my family and am willing to care for all the members as needed. Care about my community. Donate to relevant causes- internationally, nationally, locally. Politically agree to disagree. Continue to follow the humanitarian values.
 It is why my grandfather fought in World War One. It is why my Dad fought in World War Two. Yeah Canada. Yeah Democracy at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment