Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, October 4, 2015

SUNDAY-TIME FOR QUIET REFLECTION

I have always been an early riser. But sometimes lately finding myself getting up in the dark as the season has changed even earlier than normal. With Sunday, a time to reflect, give thanks to God for the day, the quiet is good for the soul. Detaching from the busy work week and immersing in personal endeavors, the energy is good. Too much thinking can make one's head explode so grabbing onto physical activities to redirect the energy outside of one's body let's nature take its course. Being too tired to think is really a good thing. Sometimes reflection is to have a good nap because the body is tired. For example, hours of yard work has that effect. A task accomplished so the siesta is well earned! With cooler weather in October, there is the urgency to get things done before the snow flies. It amazes me that work that sat during the nice, warm months of summer can be attacked with frenzy. My front yard that was a disaster is now- well cleaner after a first round of cleanup. Adolph had planted some tomato plants there in a sunny spot. So now they are cleaned up and the area looks better. The raspberry bushes that had spread like weeds are cut back. Actually I have been trimming and cutting everything back. Usually I like the wild look! Like life too much is just too much. So trimming the overgrown areas gets rid of the "too much". Ripping out the  perennial beds and leaving a plant or two for next year has been therapeutic. I think this is a reflection of how I am feeling these days. Looking at what I really want to keep. Although not ready for retirement just yet, I think my energy is telling me to get started on that process. Weeding, decluttering, purging, cleaning are ways to connect with change. Being in control of the change is a good thing too. Oh closets watch out as I may be ripping you apart soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment