Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, December 31, 2014

MY 20 FAVOURITE THINGS OF 2014

With a New Year ringing in tonight, rather than list goals for 2015, I wanted to reflect on 2014 and the blessings it brought to my life.

#20- Writing this blog and writing and writing anything and everything.

#19 Walking to and from work in all kinds of weather. My continued found exercise to tone the body.

#18 Trips to Farmer's Markets and Local Wineries to support the local economy.

#17 Day trips to Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and Port Perry.

#16 Watching new movies and watching over and over favourite movies like Love Actually at Christmas.

#15 Spending the Fall updating the last 20 years of stamp collecting to determine if I have some "little gems".

#14 Jaunts by car, walking or out the window of taking photographs of everything, everyone and anything wherever I go.

#13 The Pandas at the Toronto Zoo.

#12 A day at Pioneer Village. A Santa train ride in Uxbridge.

#11 Dinners or lunches out, takeout, eating at someone else's home. Fun to try different cooking.

#10 Research- genealogy, history, clinical.

#9 Reading some good books. Supporting Canadian literature when I could. Orenda was one of them. Supporting world literature- Ken Follett's trilogy started. Will finish in 2015. Reading US Conductors the 2104 Giller Prize winner.

#8 Celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, work promotions, new businesses.

#7 Attending the special event October 28th at the Royal Ontario Museum celebrating 100 years of the Faculty of Social Work at the University of Toronto and feeling good that I was a part of its history.

#6 Work and the ability to contribute to the well being of patients, families and staff.

#5 Compiling the special Christmas project to give to family about our ancestors serving in the First World War.

#4 A reason to get up in the morning. The opportunity to see the sun rise and see the sun set every day.

#3 Remember to pray- thanking the Lord for the day, for special people I know needing some prayer and to think about my blessings!

#2 My health and the ability to try to make healthy daily options to maintain it but remembering chocolate is a food group.

#1 The most important favourite thing about 2014 is my family- husband, children, grandchildren. Some would say their health is most important but without family facing any health crisis would be difficult. Family keep me focused and give such social fun. Extended family and friends that are like family. Knowing I can connect in various ways every day with a variety of people at home, at work and in my community keep me going. Remembering to be my best friend and liking myself-warts and all.

So what are your favourite things about 2014. What will this list be next year at this time?

Happy New Year! Bonne Annee! Buon Anno!

No comments:

Post a Comment