Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, November 21, 2015

2015 COUNTDOWN TO A CANADIAN CHRISTMAS WEEK THREE

Sorting, wrapping- two out of town boxes ready to go, 1 more to do. An early work Christmas/holiday dinner out at a restaurant in Newmarket- Made in Mexico on Wednesday evening with Secret Santa gifts for everyone to share. Yes they serve Mexican food. Received the list from my second daughter on what the kids need for Christmas. Seeing what has been bought and what else to buy. The Festival of Lights at the McConagahy Centre, Friday evening to celebrate our Veterans. On Sunday the local Santa Claus parade will occur. Time to go and snap some photos with the grandchildren- if they attend. Plans at work for a pot luck lunch in mid December. Listening to Christmas music on one radio station but really too early for me to put my CDs with non-stop Christmas music playing in the house. Usually like to listen as I decorate which will occur next week. I have so much Christmas stuff that once it is hauled from the closet, hours of decorating or a minimal this year. I'll see what my mood is when I review my stash! Some TV channels have movies now but not really in the mood for those shows yet. I have two drafts of my Christmas newsletter done so it is time to write the final draft and print them to put in the Christmas cards. I have bought the Christmas stamps to use locally, US and International.  Trying to put away all the clutter that has accumulated in the corners of my house. With all the yard work and hubbie's surgery, the clutter got a little out of hand. My poor den has become the repository for stuff. It will be a January job to sort, sell or give away! The weather has become cooler with some snow in other parts of the country but not locally yet. Some towns an hour or so away have had some mild snow flurries but here in Richmond Hill, just getting a little cooler! My boots and winter coat are ready when needed. I am still the only house on the street with lights so far.
One float from Aurora's parade last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment