Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 22, 2015

TWENTY MINUTES CAN QUIET THE ENERGY

I arrived at my local mall 20 minutes before the two stores of interest opened. So I sat down on one of those modern mall couches. Leaving my cell phone in my purse, I sat quietly observing the world in my vicinity. Some mall walkers were finishing their rounds. One 60 something man took off his backpack and slumped in a chair with hand across his eyes to try to nap- was he a traveller. He did not look homeless. If he had spoken to anyone, it might have revealed his accent- perhaps German. The juice guy was loading his machines with some modern music jazzing up his place. An elderly Italian guy I knew walked by. I tried to catch his eye to say hi, but he looked too self absorbed so no hi. Workers were arriving for their shifts. People anxious for the stores to open. Me- I was early so just taking advantage of the time to people watch, listen to the noises, take in the smells! 20 minutes a day to pay attention to the world around me without a goal in mind. Do not have to pretend I am busy! Do not have to feel guilty if at home where there is so much work to do! Just quiet the energy! Perhaps next time a walk in the woods or sit by a river, creek or lake or watch a sunrise. 20 minutes could be found in so many places. Important to stop and see the world around us, isn't? Have you found some time in between other things to reflect quietly? Precious isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment