Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, August 15, 2016

MID AUGUST BRINGS TIME TO REFLECT

Yes two weeks until September! But a lot can be done in two weeks. Here in the GTA the CNE opens on Thursday. The warm weather enables us to be outside. Too early for the garden cleanup- that's a Fall activity.
The colours continue to ebb and flow. The wasps start to go crazy and want to nest. I bought one of those wasp traps- meat and juice in it to trap the bugs. It works so eating outside is more enjoyable.
Back to school stuff is abundant in the stores. I bought some tops for all my grandchildren as a little something for the return. Along with a little monetary gift, it is something fun for all the kids from their Nana and Granpa!
I have done nothing really razzle-dazzle this summer. But I feel like I have accomplished some activities. So far read 7 books, some market trips, lots of photos, Jazz on Tuesday nights, time to putter at home and really just enjoy the lazy days of summer.
However, the air feels like August with the urgency to do more summer things. Trying to wear as many of my summer clothes in the hot weather.
The fresh fruit and vegetables are so delightful this time of year. Seeing the large tomatoes and peaches and plums from local farms make eating so tasty.
Of course sipping my favourite beverage on the back porch gives a feel of relaxation to life. I can see the urgency returning when September rolls around. But two more weeks of August- oh yes a lot can be done! But slowly-it is still summer!

2 comments: