Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, September 9, 2015

NANA SAYS DID YOU ENJOY GRANDPARENT'S DAY

It seems there needs to be a day for everything. Having a grandparent's day is okay. My joy in being a grandparent is just having those little munchkins in my life. I don't need a day. I have the whole year. I don't need any thanks as life gave this great blessing and joy to be a grandparent. Knowing people in my life that did not have the opportunity to enjoy grandchildren- dying before they were born. I only knew one of my natural grandparents- my maternal grandfather Ernie Ellis and he died when I was age 5. I had one paternal great-grandmother Gammie who died when I was age 8. My step grandparents did their best!  So being able to establish a relationship with the grandchildren and be part of their lives has given me the opportunity to be known by them. Something I did not have as a child. I see adult grandchildren connected to their loved ones in the hospital. It is very precious. Grandparents can make a difference in children's lives. They make a difference in the grandparents' lives. It is a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment