Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 25, 2016

QUILTS AND MORE QUILTS-A DAY AT BLACK CREEK PIONEER VILLAGE

Quilts at the Creek was a fun event last Saturday.
Quilts were hung everywhere. A display that included a variety of quilters as well as different guilds.The York Heritage Quilters Guild was a big sponsor.
Just the beginning.


The Shop'Round the Corner had ready made products as well as supplies. I bought some wonderful items.

The Town Hall featuring two quilts was the home of the Quilt Talks and Trunk Shows. I partook in one talk- Brit Dowson of B.A.T. House spoke about Thread Enhancements and shared many of her projects with us. A Trunk show is basically the items a crafter makes- it is what would be in the person's trunk of items.
Thank you Brit!

Continuing along the road of the village brought the joy of more quilts.

 The grounds and gardens were abound with quilts.
There was even a bridal party.

Quick where is that wedding quilt for a possible background!

The detail in the quilts was incredible. Traditional, modern, piecework, applique! The variety! The colours.

There was a marketplace of suppliers. One store I know from Newmarket- The Quilt Store so bought some fabric there.
I chatted with another person- Norah.
Her business called Sew Little Time was started when her child was little.


Quilts Visit her website for more interesting ideas.

So after purchasing fat quaters in my coral and purple shades from several people for an oncoming project to use in my next place, I saundered along the road of the village taking copious pictures of the beautiful quilts.


Black Creek Village was a wonderful backdrop to display the quilts. A hot day but no rain made it doable and bearable.

The Log Cabin design is one of my favourite quilt designs. I made twin quilts for the girls when they were little. Seeing the variety just gave some many possibilities.
Quilters are an interesting group of people. Quilts connect us not only with the past but the present and gives joy for the future. The quilt can be a blanket or a beautiful wall hanging for decades of enjoyment. Since I took 150 plus photos, it was impossible to include them all in this post. I can use them for future posts and themes. Need to include one more though!


1 comment:

  1. wow! a tremendous variety of quilts depicted here in great your photos!

    ReplyDelete