Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, January 16, 2015

PLANNING FOR A VACATION OR A STAYCATION

Friday is always a welcome day-especially before a vacation week. Trying to organize everything at work and my work stations at home. With project completions planned and some day trips/outings, it does not take long to fill a week. Besides there can be good intentions but the energy level can get in the way. Usually people find the vacation is needed because a break is needed. So along with planning and things to do, I always cost in how the week will flow unexpectedly. Sometimes laziness can sneak in and watching a movie in the afternoon doing nothing else may be fun too. I often think of beach vacations south where the major decision of the day is what time to go to dinner. Naps and reading books and walks on the beach bring a relaxed pace to life. So even with a busy staycation planned, the element of relaxation must prevail. So am I smart- of course, many of my planned projects are quiet ones to sit and do while watching a movie. Exercise can be done in the home. For example, a 20 minute walk up and down stairs and around the house at a fast pace with my weights and in my jammies with no wind chill factor will keep me in shape. Of course, it can a slow pace as I really do not need to get anywhere. Some restaurant meals to take the pressure off the cook. Don't get me wrong, I really would love a beach vacation or a Spring river boat cruise or two months at a summer cottage! However, as a great believer at a bird in the hand, otherwise how to enjoy a little home winter break in the home community or just from my home will bring some renewed post-Christmas energy back. As most people know, it is my birthday week so some cake will be on the agenda too! Since my posts need some rejuvenation, research for planned topics is something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment