Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, September 19, 2014

SOUP- A SIMPLE THING TO MAKE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE

Warm soups on a cool day hit the spot. The aroma in the home calms the mood. Along with a favourite bread or crunchy bun it can be a meal in one. With summer ending and fewer outdoor barbecues which actually are effortless dinners and one less pan or pot to clean, a soup or stew lets us swing into Fall easily. Adolph does not like to use a slow cooker but it is an efficient way to slow simmer food without the worry of burning it. A meal can be started early in the day and the cook can go about doing other projects knowing dinner is ready at any time. For the working woman, I loved to come home to my meal ready in the slow cooker. Of course now, I have my own cook so meals are my domain. On weekends though, I try to give Adolph a break and make a couple of meals.  Besides if home, a little stir can be done throughout the day and if needed a little taste. Simple home activities make for a beautiful life. Soups help with that life!  Of course, if one is sick- an old fashioned remedy to help with the healing process. What's your favourite soup? Do you even like soup? Homemade or from the can?

No comments:

Post a Comment