Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 6, 2014

SPRING CLEANING IS LIKE WEEDING A GARDEN

Spring cleaning is like weeding a garden. Areas look messy but when all the "weeds" are cleared out there is some space and a feeling of freedom. I clean in stages. One closet, one room, or one drawer at a time. My laundry room that was a "hell hole" is now clean. Most of the stuff I threw in there has been neatly put on the shelves or the superfluous stuff has made its way to the garage and will be sold, taken to charity or put on the curb as a freebie  to a neighbour. Several little piles of papers which were mini clutter are now gone. Doesn't it seem strange when there is a little change in the weather, the energy explodes? Up and down the stairs yesterday and today a short walk to buy some Easter things at Party City! Oh the brick all that has been decaying for several years, well pulled some of it down between the clutter clean. So for the next few weeks when bored Adolph and I will be piling bricks at the side of the house. The little pieces can be put in the paths. Yes, there are little things budding their heads in the garden. There are still some snow piles and the ice by the front door is now about a foot and a half high. My extension cord from my Christmas lights is still buried there. The good news is I managed to get my Merry Christmas sign out of the dirt-it had been frozen solid. Spring brings so much work but it is as if the body craves the change from the winter rest. So how is your Spring cleaning going?

No comments:

Post a Comment