Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, April 17, 2015

PHOTOS- IN A CELL PHONE OR PRINTED?

Modern times bring modern ways of doing things. Photos! I still print and put in a scrapbooked album with the little information that goes with the event. The invitation! The plane ticket! Etc. I actually  have travel albums scrapbooked before it was trendy! Fun to take off the shelf occasionally! Easy to view. I did grow up with family members who had all their photos in a shoebox that one day they would put in an album! So modern times! With all the photos in a cell phone or put in the "cloud" or on someone's laptop is okay!  However, when someone wants to show me their 200 travel pictures on their phone or on facebook, it just reminds me of the times when a huge pile of photos were hauled out in a disorganized order needing explanations!! The shoebox so to speak! People show up to 5 photos then the viewer is bored! Your travel photos or dinner photos or birthday photos are just like everybody takes!
I have a new smart phone. The photos are not like those taken on my good camera! Sorry but just pointing and clicking any device does not make a great photo every time. So I can take some in the moment if needed. I do upload photos to the computer to use in this blog and my husband's blog! But I know every photo is not amazing! Do I want to put 2000 photos to a "cloud", probably not as there are many family photos with children that I only want to share with trusted people. Actually when someone pulls out their cell phone and wants me to see the pictures that their index finger flips through at lightening speed, I politely look but find the whole process quite boring. One picture of the new grandchild or event is enough but not a visit to uploaded pictures with 100s to see. If you visit my home and care to view the latest, neatly organized album of the last year or travel event on the coffee table, it is there for the asking. My grandchildren love looking at albums. I do have one of those video frames that gives a nice slide show too if wanting to view. My girls borrow my memory card to upload whatever pictures they want!  I even do collage, photocopied page events for family and friends. One trip to a friend's cottage, for example, a couple of years ago was a nice way to thank them for the wonderful weekend. When they sold the cottage and moved out of the province, they have a nice memory of  the time and some good pictures of the cottage and area. 8 nicely collaged pages was enough with edited photos! Photobooks are another modern  way to caption special moments!  Then the videos! Well that is fodder for another post! Use all the methods at hand. Yes, I get the look from some people, "you still print pictures." Well, go to your favourite photo store when they have a sale on 5 cents a print- I am not the only one printing 500 pictures!! Some enlarged in a nice frame still look good on a wall or desk or by the computer! Take your choice! I tend to use all methods- makes life interesting! What do you like? What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment