Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, October 16, 2014

WHAT MAKES A PERSON FEEL GOOD ABOUT LIFE?

Feeling good about oneself brings a degree of good self-esteem. Finding happiness in life can often be connected to things! The - if only I had more money I would be happy!! Then why are there so many people with money bored and snorting drugs to be happy and people with ordinary jobs and an hourly wage actually enjoying life. Look at the grandparent in the park with a favourite grandchild! Look at the person jogging or cycling or doing a dance- happiness and joy. There are days I feel damn lucky to be alive. Recently walking to work, with the maple leaves on the sidewalk, I see pleasurable images, wishing I had my camera to capture them. I hear birds sing and duck when flocks of geese fly over honking. Enjoying the simple moments of life. Sure I buy lottery tickets and would love to win a big jackpot but if I don't my life will go on! Oh I sound like a Celine Dion song!! With all the bad news in the world, I still try to believe in the good things about life and people. I want to believe the conflict areas in the world will get the support they need and well the people can be resilient and carry on!! The question- is there something I can do to make the world a better place? Aging puts some things in perspective. One can be bitter about the life given or be thankful for the opportunity to keep on ticking!! One of the most difficult things for me is to listen to the 30 somethings and 40 somethings talk about life and what is important! I really can not relate anymore as I have done that and been there. So listening is good! Glad to be well enough to enjoy life. Coming to terms with the fact that many things I wanted in life did not happen but other things did!!  Yes wishing I had my camera on me all the time because I see and hear many simple things in life that bring me pleasure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment