Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, October 29, 2014

NANA SAYS HALLOWEEN IS A FUN TIME FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS TOO

The lawn decorations. The costumes. The candies. Halloween has become a major event for little children and big ones too. The door to door trick and treating  is Friday. But many people have had parties and parks- major theme events- like Wonderland with its Haunted Halloween and Bruce's Mill with the Police Safety Village for the celebration. Across the country, costumes galore have jumped off the shelves for the night ahead of us. Doing it safely is always the goal. Going out in groups often accompanied by parents has become the norm. Checking all the candy and goodies before it is eaten is a safe practice. In my neighbourhood, I am the Pop lady. Give out a can of pop with a little bag of Halloween treats. I give goodies that are peanut and nut free. With two grandchildren with allergies, I try to be respectful of all children coming to my door. So enjoy Halloween. My tough decision-how do I dress to greet the kids coming to my door. Children love to see adults getting in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment