Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, April 1, 2014

APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

April showers to bring May flowers is so inviting right now. Checking my gardens for some sign of a spring bulb budding its head has me hopeful.
The daffodil is a beautiful spring flower. Since April is Cancer awareness month, it brings hope there will be a cure for cancer one day. There are some cancers that have treatments that prolong life. One of our oncologists says that she has patients for years. Their cancer is more of a chronic disease than a death sentence. Luckily I take lots of pictures of my flowers so at times like this the photos come in handy as a reminder of bulbs waiting to bloom. Most years there are some pockets of colour in my garden by now. So buy a daffodil, watch your garden for life or if all else fails buy a pot of bulbs at the supermarket or flower shop. With all the moisture from the snow and ice needing to melt we may not need as many showers! Sunny days would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment