Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 22, 2016

A POSTCARD FROM FRASCATI ITALY

Frascati, a sweet little town about an hour east by train from Rome was a special little day trip when Adolph and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversay May 1996. It is in the Castelli region known for its wine. On the train ride, vineyards everywhere- those fields of grape vines terraced  on hills were seen.

The Villa Aldobrandini is shown in the top postcard. Every town and corner in Italy has a chuch. Chiesa del Gesu, Il Duomo and San Rocco are featured.

Castel Gandolfo is a summer home for the pope. Pope John was the one in 1996. Lots of fountains in every piazza of course.
A side view of the time of the town with the Campo sportivo- sports field.

More pretty views of the town and area. Little towns like this make venturing anywhere in Italy fun. Just watch some of those modern cooking shows with cooks wandering around Italy. The town is known for its porcetta-spiced pork! Hum, maybe a day trip some day for my cook!
If you would like a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com, I will give you my address so you can send me a postcard!

1 comment: