Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, October 17, 2016

FALL REFLECTIONS

As the weather changes, so does the mood and trepidation of what is ahead. Rather than embracing each day, many worry about the next phase. I can not help it, I have been worrying a lot lately. Predictions of a harsh winter! Well it is Canada and some winters are harsh and others are not. It's life. Preparation does help. For example, my garage is almost cleaned the way I want it to be but right now our car has a spot. When the snowy weather starts it has a refuge from the weather. Will still poke away at the garage and put more stuff to the curb as well as recycling.Collectibles are there so advertising to sell things, mostly duplicates and a spot to view them is done too. Shovels are handy, need to buy another bag of salt. Coat, boots, mitts, scarves are in the front hall. Of course, I hope they will wait for a longer time- way longer time!!Yard work not progressing as well as hoped. Two weekends of babysitting off and on caused the delay! Of course Christmas shopping and seasonal thoughts are on the go. Made my list in August with some fun purchases from day jaunts! Considering cutting back on decorating this year- just the big stuff. I really want to concentrate on the little writing projects! I really want to concentrate on activities I love! Work is work. I used to love it but am finding Mondays harder to face! Many days I just feel old! Other days, can set the world ablaze! But more days of feeling there is some much to do to leave some legacy to this world. I want to spend more time with my grandchildren and of course my hubbie! He is doing okay but does have some health issues! So Fall with its beauty and changes brings so much to contemplate. Enjoying the good times, preparing for the months that are coming, discarding the clutter of things and thoughts and embracing all that is good!
                                     Which way to turn can be an ongoing question too!

1 comment:

  1. so much to do, so little time ... I never seem to catch up ... but life goes on and so must I

    ReplyDelete