Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, August 23, 2016

ORGANIZING FOR SEPTEMBER

As parents scramble to enjoy the last weeks of summer and prepare for school, this blogger is doing the same. Some more weeding of drawers and shelves. If I have not used it in 5 years time to think about what to purge. Genealogical notess that have not been read especially computer printouts, well to recycling. Besides the websites exist and I can find the information anytime. Pictures, photos from 20 years of flowers and other stuff- purged about 500. Kept all my people pictures. What I have done over the years is send any that are not immediate family to other family members.  Besides some of the flower and scenery ones were not that great. Now any sumbolic photos cans be saved in my photo gallery and occasionally if one is good can print it. Hoping once I figure out my new scanner, can scan pictures to files for further use or to share with others without printing etc. The learning about my new expensive scanner is definitely a September project and job. I have lots of finished genealogy stuff to scan and file and try to send to others in my family groups. So family have patience! So 9 days of August to enjoy! More jazz in the plaza, babysitting the grandchildren on an up coming week's vacation, walking and sunning. Dragging Adolph to another farmers market for his blog! Writing and more writing. Forcing myself to work on one paternal line, computer file and send to family! It is so hard to be disciplined about it.  I chart and write so much at work that sitting at my home computer feels like work and not fun! Any ideas on how to make it fun! For me research is the fun part. Finding a new piece of information. Or am I just kidding myself- it is really work!! So the end of summer is in the air! Yes the home rennovation projects continue. The garage door is finally painted! I supervised, Adolph did the work! Feeling the urge to try to cram more summer into the days! Then I have to remember July and August are just 2 months of the year. The other months are good too. It just seems that summer is the real preferred time. Oh to find a space to relax and remember it is summer! If we are lucky, fall may bring Indian summer! Now that's a thought!

1 comment:

  1. to make it fun, you could play some loved music in the background ... you'll likely have more warm weather in September, if ours is any indication ...

    ReplyDelete