Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, July 22, 2016

CANADIAN SUMMER MEMORIES-ALGONQUIN PARK

As work mates head out for their vacations, there is often a reminder of past events. One person loves to camp in Ontario. As a child our family camped in Algonquin Park for weeks each summer. Our favourite spot was Rock Lake. There were two campgrounds- we always stayed in a spot on the north end campground. I loved it as it was one of the spots the Algonquin Indians would use on their canoe routes. Subsequently walking along the natural beach over the years I would find pieces of flint and even a small whole arrowhead. My siblings found items too which my mother said should be donated to the Park natural museum. The museum had its share of stuff.  I never donated mine but kept them. Some of my little treasures to this day. Tha last time I stayed at Rock Lake was 1973. We don't camp anymore but it sure would make a nice little trip to revisit some of those spots- staying in a lodge or motel! The parks in this country are bountiful. Camping and camp gear is  a major industry! Do you camp? Come to Canada and discover its beauty!
Do you like the cards from an earlier post on Algonquin Park? I like them because they are from my childhood. Look at the campground one and try to identify how old the car may be!
The other wonderful adventure in camping is interacting with the wildlife that can be found. I remember stopping on the side of the highway to take a picture of a deer! Do you have similar memories? You can visit my post from June 26, 2011 for more details.

1 comment:

  1. Your cards and nature collections must bring back many great memories ... time for a series on your family cottage on Lake Simcoe?

    ReplyDelete