Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, June 30, 2016

SCHOOL'S OUT LET THE SUMMER BEGIN

What can be said about the real summer months beginning? Time to embrace the lazy, hazy days of summer. Change gears. Go to a local beach! Canadians spend lots of money going south to lay on the beach and get a tan so with less expense the same feeling can be had. Road trips planned! Vacations to Europe or other exotic places will have airports filled with travellers over the weekend. Pearson Airport is expecting its biggest crowds over this July 1 weekend. I perused my bookshelf discovering that I have a nice pile of books to try to read over the summer. Reading makes one sit and enjoy the day. Even a couple of hours reading each day brings an incredible amount of relaxation. My favourite spot on the back porch with my birdies and squirrels as companions. Summer brings so many childhood memories too. Camping in Algonquin Park. Days at the cottage on Lake Scugog. My first job delivering the Toronto Star with a friend earning a little money. Sometimes even a tip from a nice customer. Some sporadic vacations days here and there as I have discovered just taking one week then no other days off is a bummer. So making several long weekends with 4 day work weeks. Having some company so rooms are ready! Of course, how to spend time with the grandkiddies in a leisurely way. Organizing, writing, editing in a leisurely way too is on my agenda. Again in my little spot on my back porch. Having a little basket of stuff that is handy. Stopping to smell the roses in my garden. Oh yeah that need some pruning too. Summer with all its expectations! What are your plans? Or are you just going to let the good times roll and see where you head?

1 comment:

  1. taking summer one day at a time ... lots to do, at an easy pace ...

    ReplyDelete