Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, January 31, 2016

DECLUTTERING-BUT I LOVE MY CRAP

Stuff, processions, things are around us all the time. We fill our houses, cupboards, closets full of stuff. Some things are needed but most of what we posses is decoration or just things. Whether we like it or not there is an emotional attachment to lots of our stuff. It is hard to get rid of it. Some people are hoarders and just have rooms and bins full of useless stuff. Do you watch the American Pickers and Canadian Pickers shows? Well if it was thought we had lots of things some of those people have barns and houses full of stuff! A rusty, dusty old thing can not be sold because the person featured on the show likes it too much. Even though the pickers found it under a pile of other rusty, dusty stuff! Forgetting it was there but loving it anyway! I love those two shows because it gives an idea of what is collectible. I love them even more because they give incentive to weed stuff. I personally do not want rooms so full I could not use them. Nor do I want cupboards that can not be opened because stuff will fall out. Nice neat cupboards are my thing. However I have lots of neat organized "crap" in my house. But I am on the road to getting rid of stuff. However, I really love my crap! How about you? Do you love your crap?

No comments:

Post a Comment