Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, November 24, 2015

THE CHRISTMAS STRESS PICKS UP

Lights in a blur like the frenzy of the season as it speeds up. So much to do! So how to manage it. Slow down and focus on one activity at a time. Christmas shopping can have themes. Rather than something different for everyone- a theme of tops or books or even gift cards to favourite places. If a crafter, making the same item but in different colours so no need to learn a new pattern every time. Remember it is not just about gift giving so the family events can bring lots of fun too. Everyone makes a dish or baked good so the load is off any one person to do it all! My children often rent a playground place close to Christmas so a group of friends with children can all enjoy an evening out with no one taking on the mess of clean up! However part of the season is to feel the frenzy and fun. Parties, dinners out or taking a small present to a special person in your life can bring a smile to your face. I remember walking home from work last year and seeing people with  little gift bags in their hands. The joy, the fun- when someone receives something it can bring a smile. I like to try to wrap with a little flair. This year I have lots of string ribbon so have devised a way to put 6 strands in the middle for a little extra something on top of a gift. Easy and I will use up lots of the ribbon I have. So sort through the Christmas stuff you have stock piled and use up your resources at hand. I found by pulling everything out, I found stuff I forgot I had. Of course having an area in your place where you can leave the wrapping so it is easy to grab what is needed. That space is my balcony and a corner of my bedroom- messy but only temporarily! The Christmas lights on the streets and businesses always bring me pleasure. I love the colours. Happy colours! So if stressed, stop and find something in the season you love- the lights? the music? a movie? or just a favourite drink- sit by the window and watch the snow come down! The season is just picking up. So if the heavy work is done like the outside lights, decorating the house, finalizing plans- December can begin with fun rather than just stress. Well there is always some stress but it means you are alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment