Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 5, 2015

RESILIENCE GIVES STRENGTH FOR TOUGH TIMES

Calling on life's experiences to forge through tough times keeps one grounded. Resilience the ability to bounce back and hang in there. The dictionary tells us- recovering from shock, depression- buoyant! In the clinical world, individuals and families that survive well show tremendous resilience. Surviving hard times and picking up one's socks to continue takes it. Not everyone bounces back! The threshold of resilience can vary with individuals. Sometimes I surprise myself at how resilient I really am. Child of divorce in the 1950s and ridiculed in my youth taught me to trust and like myself. Layoffs, fraudulent business  partners, a conniving family member and other events did not stop me! Reaching out to others and being a good friend. Finding the good people and being nice to others but not including them in my inner circles.  Recently dealing with some glitches after my husband's knee surgery, I revisited the concept of resilience. The way others reacted to me, I realized they do not know how really resilient I really am!! They did not know me! So he may have some ongoing health issues that need attention. Manageable! We can do it! Even Adolph's resilience to the current situation is so hopeful. He had to quit smoking cold turkey and he did it- one day at a time! Life is going on and is okay. Besides folks as we age, we are all going to get something! Sometimes it may just be old age, but everyone dies eventually. So facing the issues along the way and dealing with them head on, well that's resilience. So what if you need reading glasses, a cane, medication or whatever else will help you get through the day- be resilient and just go for it! Tell yourself all the other events you survived and you can survive this one! Of course one does not have to like everything thrown your way, you just have to cope and be resilient! Are you dealing with a tough time today?
#resilienceintoughtimes#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#gettingovertoughtimes#beingagoodfriend#facingourissuesalongtheway

No comments:

Post a Comment