Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 1, 2015

NOVEMBER GIVES TIME FOR ORGANIZING AND PLANNING

The garden almost finished for the year, just need to rake leaves and perhaps clip back some more growth. Spray the paths with weed killer for the winter and I am done- I mean really done. With Adolph's knee the yard work has been all mine!! Time to do the indoor projects and organize for the coming events. Or maybe just find pockets of time to relax. The surgery and its aftermath has taken more of a toll on me than realized. So enjoyable activities like Christmas planning and blogging and crafts will bring some renewed energy back to me. Shopping at stores of choice and the joy of online shopping make the activity of Christmas purchases more manageable. If harried- gift cards! Of course getting through my first week back at work will be challenging too! Take each day at a time! Do my job and then come home!  Looking after a sick family member is not a vacation! So perhaps planning for some kind of winter vacation or real time away from work for fun will be in the future. November includes several family birthdays. So celebrations are in the works. Cake is always something to include in meals!! Remembrance day services are part of my planning too. I always like to attend the local ones. Perhaps one day I will be in Ottawa for the national one. November is the dark month with shorter and shorter days. Until there is snow that seems to add some light to the night, it can be dismal. So with the time change and some added sleep November will be approached slowly and methodically! Looking for positive outlets to renew, energize, refresh and perhaps have some interesting reflections on life. I promised one of my genealogical societies some family history articles! Researching and writing family history stuff usually takes me to another place and helps with my overall well being! One day at a time! One thing at a time! November is seeming more optimistic than originally thought! How about you? What do you have going for November?

No comments:

Post a Comment