Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 15, 2015

2015 COUNTDOWN TO A CANADIAN CHRISTMAS - WEEK TWO

Letters to the troops were sent November 10. Each year I write to our troops wherever they are serving. The Christmas lights are up outside. My two prelit Christmas trees by the front door are put on little outdoor tables to give them height. I have an ordinary display with coloured, white and blue strings of lights strung from bush to tree to tree. No awards to be won, just some Christmas colour. When they are spread out they actually give more light and seem bigger. I bought the speciality cards especially the First Christmas for new baby for our little grandson born in September. I continue to organize and shop for Christmas. I will be attending a work function dinner needing to bring a Secret Santa gift which is wrapped and ready to go. I am reorganizing some areas of the dining room and living room in preparation of decorating in a couple of weeks. I resisted the urge today to buy more Christmas decorations as I do have a closet full of Christmas stuff. I will be pulling out the Christmas paper and bags to start to wrap the out of town gifts. They need to be packed into boxes to be ready to post the end of November. Finally the photo books I made for a couple of family members came by mail from Blacks. Their stores closed but there is still a lucarative online business with some good bargains for photos, books and other goods. Organizing, organizing, sorting and continuing to shop are part of the Christmas season. Helping the community too. I attending a church bazaar and a Nursing home bazaar yesterday to give some support to their causes. Deciding which church services to attend and where there might be some beautiful Christmas music to hear over the coming weeks is important too. I will watch the Santa Claus parade from Toronto on TV later today. The parade is taped then put on TV. It actually helps those who are in the parade to see themselves. I love Christmas and have learnt to pace myself so I can enjoy all it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment