Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, July 27, 2015

TORONTO PAN AM GAMES 2015- WHAT A SUCCESS!

Toronto and the GTA stepped up to the plate and hosted a wonderful games for the Americas and Caribbean. Our athletes and those of 40 other countries did well and showed us how sports unites people. Loved Serena Ryder and Pit Bull at the closing ceremonies. What can I say about all the dancers!  Only saw some of West and his rap act as Monday was approaching. I have my share of merchandise to wear for the next few years. Did I have fun? Yes is the answer. Only 4 venues but did get a feel of the celebration, the organization and the wonderful work the volunteers did. Derek in Caledon was a wonderful guy who showed us the way back to our bus as well as supervising his crew. As a grateful Canadian, I tried to thank as many of the 23,000 volunteers that I could.
Bye Pan Am Games, it has been a great ride. If there is another big sports event in this country, I am going to buy more tickets and try to see more events. Better get saving now for that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment