Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, April 15, 2015

NANA SAYS SPENDING TIME WITH GRANDCHILDREN IS PRECIOUS

For busy harried parents, leaving children with loved grandparents works on two levels. The parents have a break and the grandparents get to nurture their relationship with their grandchildren. Setting rules and limits helps too. Children will try to "push the envelope" with grandparents. When a grandparent hears- Mommy let's me do it, it probably is an exaggeration! The more time spent with the children, the more the relationship is real. So it means consistency, rules and lots of love. I try hugs and cuddle time to diffuse the moments when the children are pushing too hard. Children are children- they play and make noise. They want the grandparent to play with them too. Hockey with my grandsons is a given! They do outlast me. Overall it is such precious time!

No comments:

Post a Comment