Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, March 24, 2015

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR

I was corrected recently for the phrase to say- Be careful what you wish for! Not much difference in meaning. Sometimes others can be a little anal with old idioms. Ask, wish, want! I even read a article once- Be careful what you pray for! Basically, if we throw desires out to the universe we might get what was asked but not quite what we needed and really wanted! I remember a colleague once being happy her manager was "walked out"! I looked at her and stated be careful what you asked as the next manager might not be better for you but actually worse! She seemed perplexed. So many people at work- I can't wait until I am retired! Of course coming from people in their 30s or 40s! Don't they know life is being wished away and retirement will mean they are older!! Do they really want to be older? Having dreams, goals, likes, desires and even wishes are not a bad thing! Can help us get through the day and look forward to happier times! Working towards things we want help us stay concrete and see the flaws! So when wanting, wishing, asking, praying stay focused and be clear as you may get what was asked but not really! So be careful what you ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment