Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, December 9, 2014

CANADIAN CHILDREN LOVE GINGER BREAD HOUSES

Made from scratch or from a box with all the ingredients and instructions, a Ginger Bread House is a must for most Canadian Children. With the taste of ginger and lots of candies, it makes a nice table decoration that can be eaten over the Christmas season. When my children were little, my younger daughter won a big one in a school contest. It was fun to have! During a dinner/dance years ago at a hotel setting, the lobby had a walk in Ginger Bread House that was a thrill to little children visiting. I need to research how they came about! What is the Christmas meaning? Does anyone know how this tradition started?

No comments:

Post a Comment