Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 23, 2014

A CANADIAN SANTA CLAUS PARADE 2014

Every town or city or community across the country will be hosting Santa Claus/Christmas parades. Trying a different one this year, I went with one daughter and family to the Aurora-" Under the Stars" parade. Another town just north of Richmond Hill. It was different with the Christmas lights on the floats or wrapped around trucks or cars. Night pictures are difficult to take so I tried my hand anyway. It was just fun to be there with 3 of my grandchildren.
Going south down Yonge Street through the old town of Aurora. Floats pulled by horses!
Church groups come out.
Marching bands.


A child waving as Santa arrives!
Lots of locales come out for the event. Many visit from other communities. Throughout York Region there will be parades in every area. What about your town? What about your community? What can you report about the festive activities of the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment