Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, October 8, 2014

NANA SAYS USE THANKSGIVING AS A TIME TO TEACH GRATITUDE

Counting our blessings should be a daily occurrence even in the midst of any hardship. Children learn by example. So if your energy is negative children learn to complain and be negative or may want to avoid you! Thanking people! Recognizing thoughtful acts! Just feeling blessed to be alive- enjoying something about each day! So thanksgiving themes are a good time to talk, teach and show our children and families gratitude. I remember on what little outing with the grandchildren- I asked as I always do- what did you like best about the day. Then I asked what do you think I liked best about the day. One of my little grandsons said sheepishly- I know Nana. It was being with us!! When children know they are one of your greatest blessings, well the message has been delivered hasn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment