Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, October 31, 2014

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE

Halloween is always a fun way to end the month of October. It is also an end to sneaking those little chocolate bars bought at part of the treats to be given to those trick and treaters coming to the house. Even at work events have boxes of chocolate as treats for the event. Enjoying seeing all the children little and big in costume is a reminder of olden times- I mean the times I went out in costume. It was a night my mother would put makeup on me which I thought was great. One lady around the corner always made candy apples which ran out quickly when word got out. Adolph reminded me of those Halloween kiss candies given. How some people would give one candy or one peanut as the goodie for the bag! Then going home and the big people wanting to raid your bag. I am the pop lady- one can of pop and a bag of candies- 5-6 items to those who come to my door. If too many leftovers, they are taken to work for staff to finish them off. You understand- if left at home- well the two big kids here would only eat them! So beware of the ghosts and goblins but most of all be a kid at heart enjoying the day and the excitement of those young ones coming to you door!
                                             Enjoy all those little pumpkins- big and small!!

No comments:

Post a Comment