Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, July 9, 2014

NANA SAYS WE TEACH THOUGHTFULNESS BY EXAMPLE

On a recent trip to the Toronto Zoo with my daughter and grandchildren, a simple life lesson was taught. Having to make some food and snacks to feed the little ones, I was asked if I wanted a sandwich too by a  phone call the night before the trip. So at lunch time out came the food and the sandwich made for Nana. As I was eating, I thanked my daughter for the delicious food while my grandchildren looked puzzled. I simply stated it was very nice of their mother to make Nana some food too. Children will not learn to appreciate the simple everyday acts by parents if no one actually acknowledges them and gives a simple thank you. Seeing a Nana thanking her daughter-their Mom for her thoughtfulness was a simple act to do. So remember to thank each other as parents, thank your children, thank the clerk at the store- simple messages of acknowledgement for a kindness can occur anywhere. Children are made aware without a lecture or a big hoopla!

No comments:

Post a Comment